Found a good article this morning entitled Applying the theory of constraints in a structural steel plant—How keeping busy can be a BAD idea on the TheFabricator.com web site. To someone who has never been around a structural steel fabricator the first couple of paragraphs in the story might sound a bit alien but I think eventually any builder-remodeler should see some of the parallels to the situations they face at times.
- The Paradigm Projects: Activity Based Pricing Seminar
- 30 Plus Reasons Why Contracting Businesses Fail
- The History of Markup Methodologies in the Building & Remodeling Industries
- Book: Full Price: Competing on Value in the New Economy
- There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river…